U11 Boys Competitive - 2021-22
Birth Year 2011 (2012 Considered)
Monday May 3rd, 5:30-7:00 PM
Thursday May 6th, 5:30-7:00 PM
Monday May 10th, 5:30-7:00 PM
Practice and Training
- Technical/coerver training: shooting, ball control, dribbling, passing etc.
- Tactical training: attacking and defensive positioning.
- Physical training: speed work, agility and resistance etc.
- Strategic training: match pace, pressure of playing, "reading the game," teamwork, shifting as a unit defensively and when attacking etc.
- Mental coaching: routines, preparation, controlling emotions in adverse situations etc.
- Positional training: corners, spaces, blocking, set pieces etc.
- 2-3 Local Tournaments in Brevard County or Vero (Costs roughly $450/tournament/team): $110
- 2 Travel "Elite Level" Tournaments (Can range from $750-$950/tournament/team): $100
- "FYSA Futures Cup"(Pre-State Cup Tournament for teams planning to play State Cup when eligible at u13. $350/team): $30
Recent Team/Coach Publication
Coaching youth soccer for 4 years at a variety of ages and levels. Recently coached at Florida Elite in Jacksonville. USSF Licensed coach. State ODP Player, Member of Melbourne High School 2009 State Championship team. Played college soccer at UCF. St. Johns County Rookie Teacher of The Year, Currently a 5th grade teacher and "sponsor of Gemini Elementary School Soccer."
Justin Hargreaves - Assistant Coach, Trainer
Justin played competitive soccer locally for over 20 years including Melbourne High School, Melbourne Central Catholic, and Florida ODP. Advanced to playing division 2 at Florida Institute of Technology while also coaching JV boys at Mel High. Justin continues to play competitively with local men's leagues and internationally at the world police and Fire Games. He has coached youth soccer for the last 6 years and is also working on his D license.